Home School Agreement
Agreement for Pupils
To help me do well at school, I will do my best to:
- Work hard and listen carefully to instructions.
- Talk at home about what I learn at school
- Ask the teacher or someone at home if I find my work hard.
- Read my books to someone at home, or as I get older talk about the books I am reading.
- Do all my homework to the best of my ability. Make sure that it looks wonderful and that I am proud of it.
- Not to miss school and to be on time.
- Wear my school uniform with pride.
- Keep the school rules, behave well, be polite and helpful to all adults and other pupils.
- If I am unhappy, I will tell someone.
Agreement for Parents/Carers
To help my child do well at school, I will do my best to:
- Make sure that my child attends school regularly, arrives in school on time and is collected on time.
- Encourage my child to work hard and do their homework to the best of their ability.
- I will hear my child read.
- I will see that my child wears the correct school uniform and shoes.
- Contact the school as soon as possible by phone if my child is absent.
- Work with the school to try and make sure that my child behaves well.
- In form the school of any concern I or my child may have.
- Attend Open evenings
- Reply to any school correspondence.
Agreement for School
The school, I will do its best to:
- Encourage the children to do their best at all times.
- Expect the best from children in behaviour and work.
- Inform parents/ carers how their children are doing.
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the safety, happiness and self-confidence of all children.
- Be open and welcoming, offering parents the opportunities to become involved in the life of the school.
- Set, mark and monitor homework in line with the school’s policy.
- Contact parents as soon as possible if we are concerned about your child’s work or behaviour.
- Contact parents if there is a persistent problem concerning your child’s attendance or punctuality.
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum which meets the needs of the children.
- Celebrate your child’s achievements through the school’s merit book, certificates and messages homes.